Master of Science in Data Science
- Supervised project on Automation of Classroom Dynamics
Students: Jon Colipapa, Adrian Galido, Shehab Ibrahim, Aian Rosales
- Supervised project with Aboitiz Power
Students: Tristan Alba, Brian Dy, Prince Javier, Jude Teves
- Supervised project with Security Bank, Corporation
Students: Patricia Manasan, Elisa Nebres, Jr., Cindy Saw, and Jefferson Tan
- Supervised project with the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas
Students: Rose Amodia, Mark Orencia, Christian Rick Soriano, and Jose Eduardo Sto. Domingo
Post-Docs and Research Engineers under the Complex Systems Group (CxSy) at IHPC
- Erika Fille Tupas LEGARA, Ph.D. Physics (University of the Philippines Diliman, 2011)
- HU Nan, Ph.D. Computer Science (Nanyang Technological University, 2014 )
- LING Feng, Ph.D. Physics (Stanford/National University of Singapore, 2014)
- Muhamad Azfar Bin RAMLI, Ph.D. Mechanical Engineering (National University of Singapore, 2012)
- XU Haiyan, Ph.D. Statistics (Shanghai Normal University, China, 2005)
- YANG Bo, Ph.D. Physics (Princeton University, 2013)
- ZHAO Daxuan, Ph.D. Economics (National University of Singapore, 2013)
- Nasri Bin OTHMAN, Computer Science (Nanyang Technological University, 2013)
- Vicknesh SELVAM, Mathematics (University of California, 2008)
- Vasundhara JAYARAMAN, Computer Science (Nanyang Technological University, Singapore)
Graduate Supervision/Co-Supervision, 2012-2017
- James Tan Peng, PhD Physics (NTU-SPMS)
- Quek Wei Liang, PhD Physics (NTU-SPMS)
- Cheryl Abundo, PhD Physics (NTU-SPMS)
- Darryl Tay Jiajie, PhD Applied Physics (NTU-SPMS)
- Ayana Aspembitova, PhD Applied Physics (NTU-SPMS)
Post-Doc Alumni under the Complex Systems Group (CxSy) at IHPC
- James Decraene, Ph.D. Complex Systems (Dublin City University, 2009)
- Zhu Guimei, Ph.D. Physics (National University of Singapore, 2012)
- LI Guoqi, Ph.D. Electrical Engineer (Nanyang Technological University, 2011)
Research Attachment under the Complex Systems Group (CxSy) at IHPC
- John Pang, Ph.D. Physics (Caltech)
- Liu Yun, Ph.D. Physics (Massachusetts Institute of Technology)
- Ji Wei , Ph.D. Physics (Univ. of Berkeley)
- Timothy Tay, PhD Civil Engineering (Massachusetts Institute of Technology)
- Aniq Ahsan, PhD Physics (Oxford, to start Sept 2017)
- Eduard Ong Yong Xi, PhD Physics (Cornell University, to start Sept 2017)
List of Former Research/Student Advisees (total = 33: 8 PhD, 8 MS, 17 BS)
Ph.D. in Physics (8)
- Rene Batac (2011). Numerical Models and Scaled Experiments on Landslides.
- Erika Fille Legara (2011, Most Outstanding PhD Graduate in College of Science, UP Diliman; Edgardo Gomez Awardee for Excellence in Dissertation Research). Implications of the topological properties of networks in the dynamics of marketing, competition and framing analysis.
- Anthony Longjas (2011). Experimental Models and Experiments in Granular Systems and Psychophysics.
- Marissa Pastor (2011). Random Particle Transport in Granular Matter and Biological Cells: Models and Experimental Designs.
- Jesus Felix Valenzuela (2011). Dynamics of Thermally-Induced Convection in the Presence of Suspended Particles.
- Ranzivelle Marianne Roxas (2010). Patterns in Classroom Information Propagation and Word Adjacency Networks.
- Marko Arciaga (2009). Studies on Other Phases of Matter: Binary Granular Material and Microwave Plasma
- Dranreb Earl Juanico (2007, Most Outstanding PhD Graduate in College of Science, UP Diliman). Self-Organizing Mechanisms of Complex Adaptive Systems under Critical Conditions.
M.S. in Physics (8)
- George Allan Esleta (April 2009, Most Outstanding MS in College of Science, UP Diliman). Effect of memory and reinforcement on the propagation and morphology of fracture in a two-dimensional elastic sheet.
- Jesus Felix Valenzuela (Oct. 2008). Segregation and Aggregation in Convecting Bidisperse Particle Suspension.
- Erika Fille Legara (2008). Dynamics of Networks and its social aspects.
- Anthony Longjas (2008).Dynamics of Granular Flow.
- Rene Batac (2008). Cellular automata models of natural complex systems.
- Marianne Ranzievelle Roxas (2007). Network Analysis: Characterizing Classroom Dynamics and Syntactic Structure.
- Ma. Teresa Pulido (2006, Oblation Scholar). Rumor Propagation within Static and Dynamic Networks.
- Marissa Pastor (2008). Stability of granular materials in the presence of interstitial matrix.
B.S. in Physics/Applied Physics/Mathematics (17)
- John Pang (BS Mathematics, Nanyang Technological University, 2012) [as co-adviser]
- Jen-Jen Manuel (BS A Physics, 2012, Magna Cum Laude). Segregation and aggregation of agents having allelomimetic tendency in a confined space.
- James Christopher Pang (BS A. Physics, 2011, Magna Cum Laude, Deans Medallion Applied Physics). Novel implications of biology inspired paradigms to brain research and marketing enterprise.
- Cheryl Abundo (BS A. Physics, 2011, Magna Cum Laude, Deans Medallion Applied Physics). Searching and characterizing optimal parameters in complex systems: from classification research to social networks.
- Antonino Paguirigan (BS A. Physics, 2011, Magna Cum Laude). Analyzing the stability of granular piles as a result of local and global reinforcements.
- Brian James Aggangan (BS A. Physics, 2010, Magna Cum Laude). Pattern formation and emergence of dynamic equilibrium in source-driven complex Ginzburg-Landau equation.
- Alva Presbitero (BS A. Physics, 2010, Cum Laude). Characterizing the criticality of rule-based dynamics in the collapse of curriculum network and the emergence of cooperation in spatial prisoner’s dilemma.
- Irene Crisologo (BS Physics, 2010, Cum Laude). Feature Statistics: New Applications in Predictive Analysis, Cognitive Science Research, and Multi-Crack Propagations.
- Jeric Tugaff (BS Physics, 2008, Magna Cum Laude). Linear and nonlinear approaches in treatment of real-world data.
- Lorcel Ericka Venturina (BS Physics, 2008). Prediction of OPM songs hitness using neural networks.
- Grace Bato (BS Physics, 2008). Scaling laws and consumption dynamics in complex adaptive systems.
- Josephine Cabatbat (BS Physics, 2008). Readability and comprehensibility of written text using language co-occurrence network.
- George Allan Esleta (BS Applied Physics, 2007, Magna Cum Laude, Oblation Scholar, Deans Medallion Applied Physics). Dynamics of Threaded Systems.
- Erika Fille Legara (BS Physics, 2006, Cum Laude). Dynamical Model and Strategies for Network Marketing.
- Anthony Longjas (BS Applied Physics, 2006, Cum Laude). Jamming of Mixed and Homogenous Hard Spheres in a Two-Dimensional Hopper.
- Dranreb Earl Juanico (Best Thesis in BS Physics, 2002; Magna Cum Laude, Deans Medallion Applied Physics). Allelomimesis as a Generic Mechanism in Self-Organizing Systems.
- Timothy Travers (Best Thesis in BS Molecular Biology and Biotechnology 2002; Magna Cum Laude, Oblation Scholar). Prediction of Secondary Protein Structure Using Neural Networks.